So, let’s start with the difference between long-tail keywords and short-tail keywords.
- Long-tail highlights (Ex. Keyword with short tails) – Monthly search 50
- Bright words for long-tail vs. Short tail keywords (Eg LTK) – 12-month search
Long keyword conversion rate (LTK Ex) – 13-month search
You may notice that the last 2 keywords have fewer searches, but the competition for these two keywords is much less than that of a short keyword.
Long-tail keywords help drive more targeted traffic than short-tail keywords, so your conversions improve significantly.
So, below are some of the Long-Tail Finder tools.
SEMrush is a very popular way to get tons of long-tail words within a few minutes of operation. What distinguishes this tool from others, you can see:
- Keyword volume
- Keyword difficulty
- Keyword CPC
- Competitive points
Data like this will help you prioritize keywords that will be easier for you to measure.
There are a few ways to identify long-tail words using SEMrush and let’s learn that.
How to identify long-tail keywords:
This is one of the reasons SEMrush is popular among SEO‘s as it allows you to redirect a developer to any web page or domain to dig all the keywords. Using SEMRush filters, you can quickly delete all short keywords, and focus on long-tail keywords
To use this feature,
- Create an account in SEMRush (Use SEMrush coupon to get 14-day free access)
- When logged in, enter your rival’s address in the “domain overview” section
- On the results page, click “View full reports” under “Organic Keywords”
- Now, on the next page use filters to remove all short keywords.
- Under Advanced Filters, select “Including more than 2 or 3 words”. This should look like this:
- As you can see, in seconds you will be able to create a long list of long-term keywords.
- Similarly, you can repeat the process by entering all your competing domains, and you will be able to get a great list of SEO keywords for your long tail.
Unlike traditional keyword research, SEMrush removes speculation and helps you find long-tail keywords on any website. If you are looking for one complete tool for long-tail keyword research, look no further than SEMrush.
This is one of the new entrants to the market for keyword research tools. However, the type of features and functionality of KWfinder offered is certainly one of the best tools out there.
KWfinder provides all the important data about keywords including level difficulty to help you find it easy to measure long-tail keywords. Personally, after SEMrush this is the second tool I use and recommend.
Answer the Public:
This is on the UberSuggest line but offers one different suggestion.
Using this tool, you can search for any keyword and it will show you the most common questions asked next to that “Keyword” “Title” in the search engine. As a free option, this tool for finding the best long-tail keyword.
Google Auto Suggestion Tool:
The default Google Search suggestion feature is your first free tool. This is a useful feature from Google, which will allow you to easily find long-tail keywords in any niche. Google automatically fills in keywords (search terms) according to popularity.
All you have to do is start typing your first keyword and select options from the default suggestion.
You will need to use another key tool to see additional information such as search number, CPC, competition, and other important information.
You can repeat the same process with Amazon. Amazon’s search is enabled by its search engine, and you will often find keywords that are intended for purchase.
This Keyword Tool Dominator actually takes the default feature of Google’s default suggestion to the next level.
With this free tool, you can easily find all automatically generated keywords, and it will allow you to download keywords in .csv format.
Then you can use any of your favorite keyword research tools to look up some important details about the keyword.
If you are using Google search to find new keywords, I strongly recommend that you make changes to this.
WordTracker Keyword Tool:
WordTracker is a popular keyword tool for SEO. Using the WordTracker Keyword Tool you can easily find long-tailed keywords and key details such as search, competition, IAAT (keyword in anchor and text), and KEI (keyword performance index).
With a free verified account, you will be able to get the results of 100 keywords. This tool is very effective, as you can easily find long topic ideas.
You can also consider taking their free 7-day trial to get advanced features like:
- Ability to see 2000 search results
- Option to use related search tools (this is very helpful)
- Search engine data availability using SEMRUSH
- Option to keep your list
- Option to obtain additional information such as competitive KEI details
You can create a free WordTracker account and start using this tool right away, or take a free 7-day trial of their advanced version as suggested above.